Nanook recently spent a week in the elizabethan collar that she previously wore in puppyhood.
Situations this embarrassing require plenty of photos. (In this case, 6 photos should do it.)
Her nose sticks out a little bit this time around.
Whilst still being a tiny dog, she’s grown quite a bit in her 22 months. This has effectively shortened the useful length of the collar, altering it from being a impenetrable barrier to licking things that should go unlicked & turning it into a mild suggestion to “leave it the hell alone”.
Sort of a sawn-off shotgun approach to protective medical devices.
Intimidating, but less accurate.
You can rest assured it was as comfortable & safe as a big chunk of plastic around your neck can be. Otherwise we would’ve bought a brand new chunk of plastic to do the job.
The antibiotics sapped her strength quite a bit, but she dealt with it well & showed very little of the expected self pity that often accompanies the donning of ‘the cone’.
Have any of your pets gone through the ordeal of donning the collar of shame?
- Nanook vs Slater Bug (jivesuckablogs.wordpress.com)
- Dogs as Healers (allpawsforlife.wordpress.com)
- Ever Watchful (jivesuckablogs.wordpress.com)
- Nanook takes the stairs (12 sec vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY4z71Aq8AE
- The Visitor (barcaupthewrongtree.wordpress.com)